Longlife Learning Resources Enhances Knowledge , Thinking , and Indigenous Knowledge :
Academic Resource Center (AREC) of Mahasarakham University (MSU) is the center for learning resource services which analyses and manages the needs of university community. It provides information services to support learning and instruction. AREC is dedicated in promoting arts and culture of Isan, and academic services to the community.
The Academic Resource Center was opened on 16 July 1969 under the name of The Library of the College of Education in Maha Sarakham. In June 1974 it was attached to the Library Section under the Campus Clerical Division of Srinakharinwirot University at Maha Sarakham. On 25 July 1976 it was promoted as the Academic Resource Center (AREC) which is equivalent to one of the faculties. Then on 9 December 1994 Srinakharinwirot University at Mahasarakham was named to be Mahasarakham University controlled by the Ministry of University Affairs. Ever since, the Academic Resource Center has been under the administration of Mahasarakham University.
Academic Resource Center of Mahasarakham University has 2 service units: the main unit, Academic Resource Center which is located at Academic Resource Center Building A, Kham Riang sub-district, Kantharawichai district, Maha Sarakham province and Sri Sawat Service Unit located in the downtown area, Talat sub-district, Mueang district, Maha Sarakham province.
|Philosophy :||Longlife learning resource enhances knowledge, thinking, and indigenous knowledge.|
|Objective :||To be an excellent in information services which is responded by conscious mind and modern technology to the needs of user.|
|Vision :||AREC is a standard organization which supports research learning in community service in order to put Mahasarakham University to the top ten Community Service Universities in Thailand.|
- To develop learning information resources in a variety of formats and covering all subject fields offered in learning and instruction.
- To develop information service models by using modern innovations and technologies.
- To develop staff is excellenty in system information resources for longlife self-learning.
- To promote community services and maintain the art and cultures of Isan.
- To enhance cooperation networks among libraries.
- To provide information services using modern innovations and technologies,
- To develop information resources for longlife self-learning,
- To develop learning resources in variety of formats and to cover all subject fields,
- To develop personnel’s potentials to be information management excellence,
- To promote community and to maintain art and cultures of Isan
- To create cooperative networks among libraries.
Organizational Values :
- Service mind
- Continuous learning and quality Teamwork improvement.